Hello One, Hello All!
I write a lot. I mean a lot. You haven’t seen most of it, but a lot of it happens and it is more and more becoming an important part of my self-identity. I’ve been thinking for the last couple of weeks, that I really need to have a public blog-space in the world. Some of my favorite people are bloggers! Maybe I could by one of my favorite people! Only time will tell! So I am going to write things about the mixed-up ways that I think and feel about various issues in the world (especially the ones that people tell me I sounds smart about, because I am vain and I enjoy sounding smart!) and they will be largely imperfect and I will let you read them. Some of them will be re-workings of pieces I’ve already done, others will be brand new.
Some ideas for upcoming posts include:
1. How being “out” and in a gay relationship has changed my reaction to the gay marriage debate.
2. How food justice movements really need to include fat acceptance as part of their platform in order to be affective and compassionate.
3. How violence is an inherent part of capitalism, and why I don’t have a great alternative to that, and how I really wish that I did.
4. Probably like eighteen posts about being aware of one’s privilege, and using that awareness to get shit done, rather than feel guilty.
5. Similarly, I want to talk about how “white guilt” actually helps racism along.
… and probably a lot of other things as well! So you know, as you can see, we’re going to keep this light and cheerful.
If you have anything you’d like to add to the growing list above, please leave it in the comments. I’m happy to discuss my complicated feelings on everything from bike lanes to victim blaming (am I going to argue that those things are related, yes I am).